The Birdcage Archives

Saturday 31 March 2012

As The Days Get Longer

Hello Gentle Reader

It has recently come to my attention that at the age of sixty eight, Antonio Tabucchi died on March twenty-fifth of two thousand and twelve, from cancer. He was a author of two worlds. He is a professor who specialized in Portuguese literature, and Portugal itself became a second home for the author, to which he wrote some novels in Portuguese. However in the end Antonio Tabucchi was a author who comes from Italy, and is noted for his political rage and biting criticism of the former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi. Yet the author himself, in my opinion is modest (on the very verge or edge of shyness) with his gratitude of praise, but keeping himself grounded, by always seeing that he is not as good as writer as the masters, that he himself had found inspiration in, and had enjoyed. Currently his short story collection “Little Misunderstandings of No Importance,” is one of the short story collections being reviewed on “The Short Story Review,” here on this blog. I remember from the collection of short stories from this amazing author that he himself was sad for all the stories he will not yet read. I too must admit that I feel a sense of pain, in the fact that I will not be able to read all the future planned projects that the author himself, had planned. May this great author rest in peace. May his works of literature live on, and his criticism of politics and politicians, inspire many to come.

On another quick side note, I am experiencing some technical difficulties, via my own computer, and the coming blogs for the next few weeks or so, may not come on as planned or on as routine schedule. Please bare with me, as I try to figure out the cause of the problem, and get it rectified.

Yet for now, there is a deep set of mourning at the loss of Antonio Tabucchi. I looked forward to seeing the author himself one day win the Nobel Prize for Literature, as he has always been a serious contender.

Thank-you For Reading Gentle Reader
Take Care
And As Always
Stay Well Read
*And Remember: Downloading Books Illegally is Thievery and Wrong.*

M.Mary