The Birdcage Archives

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Mondays with Mr. K (No. VI)

Hello Gentle Reader

I do understand that this "Monday with Mr. K," is a bit late. Of course I know you might/must be thinking: "So then why not just do a 'Monday with Mr. K,' next Monday?" Duh right? Well yes I do understand I could do that. But I had it all planned out that I was going to do it yesterday Monday. Oh well sometimes, the plans of our lives do not always go according to our plans do they Gentle Reader? I mean yesterday I was planning on waking up to German folk music on the radio (Danke Schoen anyone?). Not that I was complaining either. I thought it was pretty neat to wake up to German singers on the radio. I am sure if I wasn't so tired, I'd have a dance with myself. I also wasn't planning on going out either and heading all over town, to get a few things, that I had overlooked last time I went grocery shopping. I also wasn't planning on reading so much either. In fact after all my errands were completed, I still had time to do the planned "Monday with Mr. K," but I appeared to have overlooked the one aspect of that had been planned. Oh well I suppose I can still do it now, which is what being done right now. I suppose the lesson learned is: that though we dam the river, we do not always notice slight cracks in the very foundation of which the dam is built.

Also Gentle Reader, seeing as this "Monday with Mr. K," is late, I will post another blog this Thursday as it would happen on any other week.

_____________________________________


Mr. K was noted to share his most personal moments with only a few people who had entered his life. One of those people was the barber. Barber Swierczynski -- or simply Barber Swier as everyone usually called him; was one of the few people to know about Mr. K's more personal life, his personal past, his personal views, his most hidden self was only described and allowed to be seen by a select few. Barber Swier, was one of those people. Barber Swier would come every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday (usually for a visit). Barber Swier, understood after a while Mr. K's troubled financial situation. His difficult relationship with cats -- even though years later Barber Swier would remark that Mr. K shared some very interesting traits with the ungrateful creatures that would sometimes take up resident in his small residency of his apartment. He noted that Mr. K was noted for having the very small corners of his lips always turned up in a cat like smile. A cat content with its situation, and the conversation that is ringing around its ears. Tweeting in the right, and singing in the left. Barber Swier would remark only very later on in his own life that Mr. K was a man of great wisdom, and philosophical thoughts. But a shy and modest man -- which is paradoxical nature to his very simplistic facade that Mr. K always presented. Though Mr. K was noted for revealing himself on a few moments, especially about the deceit of simplicity.

"When I was younger. We used to think that the world, was simply the world. Everything could be taken the entire knowledge of the world, in its face value. Little did we know, or even understand the complicated details of the world around us. We never knew of the greatness of the microscopic world below and around us. We had no idea of dust mites, and their wondrous invisible tiny world on our beds. We did not know that Pluto was a dwarf planet -- we simply knew it as a planet. We had no concept that Jupiter's gravity was far more intense then our own. We never knew that smoking was going to cause lung cancer. We saw it in our youth as something as a adult right, much like alcohol. We never knew much about many things, that over the years have become fact, and have devoured, and digested and now undone the old thoughts that I myself had grown up with. That is one aspect of life, that one can always count on. Change is inevitable. Everything is changing. The seasons, the rotation of the world. The facts that one thought were true. It all changes."

No comments:

Post a Comment