The Birdcage Archives

Monday 4 April 2011

Mondays With Mr. K (No. IV)

Hello Gentle Reader

Time for another "Mondays With Mr. K," as it appears. I decided to do one early this April, because well I haven't finished reading a novel yet. I haven't finished reading "Palace of Desire," by Naguib Mahfouz, and I am slowly and surely getting my way through "The Talented Miss Highsmith," a biography about Patricia Highsmith. So I decided to give you another "Mondays With Mr. K," in order to make up for my lack of reading of late. However I have been able to jot down aproximetly one Short Short Story, a night/day. Which is a nice acopmplishment. Maybe some time I'll post some on here. But not today. Please Enjoy this week's "Monday With Mr. K," and have yourselfa lovely week, and a great weekend ahead of you.

_____________________________________

Mr. K was a person who loved quotes. When having tea, he would often tell stories of his times, through out his life. Sometimes they could be the simple story of him on a fishing trip, or another time, it could be him telling a person about a hike he took in the woods, or a day he bought a paticullarly odd item. However most of these tales came from a Mr. K making a mistake. Which he would say: "And this why I always say 'Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.'" One day however a rather well read and clever child heard, Mr. K say that when his parents were having tea with Mr. K, and happilly responded to Mr. K: "But Mr. K, I'm sure Oscar Wilde said that." The child's parents were quickly alarmed at what their boy had said, and quickly chided him and apologized on his behalf to Mr. K. Mr. K however smiled to the boy and responded: "You are a clever child. And you are right, Oscar Wilde did say that at one point. But now I say it."

No comments:

Post a Comment